The Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Abortion Debate

2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 639
    Where do you live? : Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    Hobbies : Biking, Being outside, walking Quakertown, football, video games
    Humor : Sarcastic Humor
    Quote: : And i stood tall, and i did it my way..
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Occupation 2 : Abortion Debate Head-p10
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Abortion Debate Empty Abortion Debate

Post by 2011mjh Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Alright, this was suggested to me by our very own Dr_Ron, so you can thank him for the post Very Happy

Background: The essence of the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision is that Constitutional rights apply only after birth; hence abortion does not breach a person’s right to life. States cannot regulate 1st trimester abortions; states can regulate but not ban 2nd trimester abortions; and states can ban 3rd trimester abortions (as many have).
    The debate on abortion generally focuses on when human life begins. The courts often focus on ‘viability’, the point at which the fetus could survive outside the womb.
    - Viability naturally begins at about 6 months of pregnancy, but with modern medical advances the age of viability is pushed back substantially.
    - Strong pro-life advocates believe that the fetus should be protected from the moment of conception.

Argument: What are your thoughts on Abortion? Is it right, or is it wrong? Why do you think so?

Other: If we can get 2 members who are very passionate about each side of abortion, then we'll move this to The Courtroom and have a mock Trial Very Happy, however if nobody steps in, then i guess i'll fight for the opposing side, like i always do.. Very Happy
    jennma
    jennma
    V.I.P Member
    V.I.P Member

Female
    Number of posts : 93
    Quote: : Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sigmund Freud
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue174 / 100174 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-15

Abortion Debate Empty Re: Abortion Debate

Post by jennma Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Hmmmm...you'll fight for the opposing side if nobody steps in...are you claiming an opposing side or just saying you'll be devil's advocate in the event only one member posits an argument? Just wondering, 'cause I'm busy w/work but this might be a fun one. bom
    2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    The Money :

Post by 2011mjh Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Well i mean that if we have a member who is COMPLETELY sure that their point of view is correct, and no other member wants to oppose them in TheCourtroom, then i'll help the case and fight against them. I can probably make a good argument either way Very Happy
    Freeman
    Freeman

Male
    Number of posts : 444
    Where do you live? : Trumbull CT
    Hobbies : Trying never to get bored
    Humor : Funny Jokes
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue274 / 100274 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Occupation 2 : Abortion Debate Baker-11

Post by Freeman Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Well it depends on the situation. If you have no way to support the baby then I think abortion is the smartest option. But, if you fell that it is killing a human life then no. I personally think abortion shouls still be an option.
    jennma
    jennma
    V.I.P Member
    V.I.P Member

Female
    Number of posts : 93
    Quote: : Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sigmund Freud
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue174 / 100174 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by jennma Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:29 pm

2011mjh wrote:Well i mean that if we have a member who is COMPLETELY sure that their point of view is correct, and no other member wants to oppose them in TheCourtroom, then i'll help the case and fight against them. I can probably make a good argument either way Very Happy

Oh, okay! I might have made an unfair opponent anyway since I'm adopted and feel pretty good about it! Very Happy
    IF~ Anger
    IF~ Anger
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 491
    Where do you live? : Norwalk CT
    Hobbies : soccer guitar
    Humor : anything that can be made fun of
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue356 / 100356 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Occupation 2 : Abortion Debate Viking10
    Registration date : 2008-08-16

Post by IF~ Anger Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 pm

abortion isnt the best option you could always give it too a ophinarian
    2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    The Money :

Post by 2011mjh Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Personally, i think that abortion is both good and bad (so i can't be the judge), and here's why i think that:

1- Aborition is bad: It is the slaughter of an unborn baby. It's taking away human life before it even started. The aborted baby could have found the cure for cancer, or discovered a new planet or something. 1/4 of our population (I THINK, if i'm wrong, correct me), has been aborted, and most of them were from unplanned teenage-pregnancies. So babies are dying because their parents made a bad choice.

2- Abortion is good: There are certain circumstances that makes abortion OK in my mind...Think about women who get raped and are pregnant with the person's child..that's a situation where the baby (my opinion) should be aborted because there will be no father....also, if the baby has a serious condition that will ruin it's life forever (mental retardation, chronic spine disorder), i think that when it gets older, then it would rather be dead than having that condition just to live for another 70-80 years.
    ngh
    ngh

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Where do you live? : Somewhere in the background of this site~
    Hobbies : LF2, watching Naruto, Yawning
    The Money :
    Abortion Debate Left_bar_bleue14 / 10014 / 100Abortion Debate Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by ngh Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:33 am

2 weeks and no one posted? *gasp*

Since there isn't an opposing side, I'll just post my thoughts about what you just posted.Wink

1- Abortion is bad: It is the slaughter of an unborn baby. It's taking away human life before it even started. The aborted baby could have found the cure for cancer, or discovered a new planet or something. 1/4 of our population (I THINK, if i'm wrong, correct me), has been aborted, and most of them were from unplanned teenage-pregnancies. So babies are dying because their parents made a bad choice.
    Some points to points out.

1. The baby might not be able to think yet, and hence this will begin another dispute: whether life is determined as being able to think for itself. I personally feel that an organism has to be able to think for itself before it is actually considered living, but its all up to you anyways.

2. An aborted baby might not live a happy life because of the arguments that lead it to have been wanted to be aborted in the first place, so the parent(s) might hate it for being alive and so forth, which can lead to him having evil thoughts, and may do more harm than good any baby of this genre could bring.

3. What if the parent is just a teenager? If the baby is brought into the world, both their lives would be ruined, while aborting will be the 'only' solution.

2- Abortion is good: There are certain circumstances that makes abortion OK in my mind...Think about women who get raped and are pregnant with the person's child..that's a situation where the baby (my opinion) should be aborted because there will be no father....also, if the baby has a serious condition that will ruin it's life forever (mental retardation, chronic spine disorder), i think that when it gets older, then it would rather be dead than having that condition just to live for another 70-80 years.
    More points.

1. Women that get raped.... That happens pretty rarely these days, with the huge amount of security there are. If 1/4 of the population has been aborted(and I seriously doubt this is true), I bet that that raped women only count as one millionth of that amount right now. I agree with that point you brought up, though.

2. Lifes with 'problems' still can be happy ones. Even if he is retarded. Retards can even be the happiest people in the world, if you look at it from another perspective. These kinds of problems can be solved, even though the children might be upset at first.

Thats all for now. Cya :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm