The Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A few questions...

Axl777
    Axl777

Number of posts : 8
    The Money :
    A few questions... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A few questions... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-13

A few questions... Empty A few questions...

Post by Axl777 Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

This a Copy/Paste of a post I made on the IF clan forum.

Ok, I was browsing the Forumotion directory and found this website, and I saw all the cool stuff from FlashVortex, however when I tried to put some on my site, HaloNation, I failed horribly because I do not understand how you can put the file in the same folder as your website when it is not on your own computer. I looked for embeds with no luck. Also, I find your template appealing, and was wondering if I could use it if I put "Template by [http://ifclan1.darkbb.com]IF[/url]" in the overall page footer. You can export the template to your computer by going to Display>Skinsmanagement and then after you download the template upload it to an uploading site and give me a link to the download location.

Please let me know how you got the FlashVortex stuff on here and, if possible, the template. Just Private Message me. You can always find me on HaloNation, (which we are trying our best to try to get more members, and it is not a clan though we are considering opening one, but mostly we will be making videos in association with RoosterTeeth, and just making more and more pages on the site, slowly making a good community, but right now it seems to be in a bit of a mess, we are working on a new HomePage instead of using the portal, either an html page or we will make it on another webhost).

Also, if you need anything in return, well it isn't much, but I make as a good site Admin if you want. Just let me know if that sounds good to you.

Thanks!

-Axl777

Please respond to this!

Last edited by Axl777 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :
    A few questions... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A few questions... Right_bar_bleue

A few questions... Empty Re: A few questions...

Post by Axl777 Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 pm

I tell you what, if you made me a temporary Admin on IF, I can probably get all the theme stuff myself (I swear that is all I will do) but I still need to know how to get the Flash menus and Banners, please tell me how.
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :

Post by Axl777 Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:12 pm

OMG, NOBODY HAS EVEN MESSAGED ME BACK! COME ON!!!!!
    IF~ Anger
    IF~ Anger
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 491
    Where do you live? : Norwalk CT
    Hobbies : soccer guitar
    Humor : anything that can be made fun of
    The Money :
    A few questions... Left_bar_bleue356 / 100356 / 100A few questions... Right_bar_bleue

Occupation 2 : A few questions... Viking10
    Registration date : 2008-08-16

Post by IF~ Anger Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:20 pm

just wait im sorry it does take a while you just have to wait it sucks i know
    2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 639
    Where do you live? : Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    Hobbies : Biking, Being outside, walking Quakertown, football, video games
    Humor : Sarcastic Humor
    Quote: : And i stood tall, and i did it my way..
    The Money :
    A few questions... Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100A few questions... Right_bar_bleue

Occupation 2 : A few questions... Head-p10
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by 2011mjh Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:43 pm

sorry, i've been out all day.

Thanks axl777, i made the template manually, and i would have no problem with you using the template if you put that it was made by -2011mjh-. Also, flash vortex is pretty complicated, however i do have something on the IF~ clan site that i got from there. I'll see how i got it on my website, because i tried to make something for thenetwork, and couldn't find the embedded code.

Last, i've seen you around forumotion and everything, and i'd be happy to make you an admin if you could stay active and get a few more people to register here also Very Happy

Thanks,

2011mjh
    2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    The Money :
    A few questions... Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100A few questions... Right_bar_bleue

Post by 2011mjh Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:15 pm

I looked into the codes that i used from flash vortex and i found this code:

Code:
    <script src="http://www.flashvortex.com/hosted.php?id=2_1216746853_20789_151_0_134_187_6_1_13" type="text/javascript"></script>

So, all i can say is, just look around and find a code that resembles that.
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :

Post by Axl777 Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Umm, ok? Well...ok?

Im not much of a script lover, anything a bit more specific? And thanks for letting me Admin on IF!
    2011mjh
    2011mjh
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Male
    The Money :

Post by 2011mjh Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 pm

no problem, don't screw the site up please Very Happy

and i'm sorry axl, i'm not much of a script guy either, but that's all the help i can offer, i put those things on along time ago
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :

Post by Axl777 Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 am

Ahh, well it looks like you used some kind of different code because the two don't match at all and I don't know how to get that code you used. I tried the one Flash gave me and just got a white box.

Hopefully this will refresh your memory:

FLASH VORTEX CODE

Code:
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="127" height="220"><PARAM name="movie" value="flashvortex.swf"><PARAM name="quality" value="best"><PARAM name="menu" value="true"><PARAM name="allowscriptAccess" value="always"><EMBED src="flashvortex.swf" quality="best" menu="true" width="127" height="220" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptAccess="always"></EMBED></OBJECT>

CODE USED IN THE IF PORTAL WIDGET

Code:
    <script src="http://www.flashvortex.com/hosted.php?id=2_1216746853_20789_151_0_134_187_6_1_13" type="text/javascript"></script>

Actually, I am pretty good with script, I just don't like trying to figure out ones I don't know. The only part of the code you used in your portal that I can understand is you used some kind of image (src=).
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :

Post by Axl777 Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:58 am

Anyone else been noticing how Forumotion's default images are dissapearing for some reason?
    Axl777
    Axl777

The Money :

Post by Axl777 Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 pm

I have made some changes to IF to make it look better.

I have made a full report in the Website Announcements that specifies exactly what I did, if there is anything you don't like let me know.

Also, I don't think IF is a site to abandon, you will most likely have less luck here than on IF.

Also, dont forget the Flash stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm